Why can't I stay logged in?
02-08-2013, 04:59 AM
Why can't I stay logged in?
I click "remember me" but keep getting knocked out after every session. Any idea why this may be happening?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2013, 07:13 AM
RE: Why can't I stay logged in?
Are you on a computer or on your phone? I'm having the same problem on my phone with the Mobile browser - except when I try to log in it tells me I'm already logged in.

Let me check and see if I can figure anything out. I am not sure if I can, I may need to call in Tracy our technical expert. Smile

Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Still scrapbooking the old fashioned way.
02-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Okay, I can't see anything in your settings that would be causing this. Hopefully Tracy can.

Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

02-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Have you changed any settings on your internet settings, like telling it to erase cookies each time you close down??

Heidi
02-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Lisa - a couple questions.

1. Are you on a computer or mobile device?
2. What browser are you using?
3. Do you have any security settings that changed, ie. did you maybe install something that prevents you from staying logged in.
4. Can you try a different browser and see if the same thing happens? For example: If you're using Internet Explorer, can you try Google Chrome?
5. Heidi's question above, is a good one. Have you changed any settings on your internet settings, like telling it to erase cookies each time you close down?
6. When you come to the site, do you come in to a particular topic, or are you coming in to the index page?
7. Do you see http://scrappinchat.com/forum in your address bar or something else?

That's a good start --- hopefully we can narrow it down for you.
02-08-2013, 08:41 PM
On my desktop.
Mozilla Firefox.
Not that I am aware of - just did an upgrade to MS Office and iTunes but that's it.
No changes to settings, in fact I went back and checked them already.
Always goes to the index page.
Yes to the address listed above.

I logged in this morning and just came home from work and this time I was still logged in so I'm not sure what's happening but hopefully it has fixed itself.
02-08-2013, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 08:51 PM by Nicole.)
It's that internet magic I've talked about before. Once you actually post something in public, it solves itself. Which is why I posted on FB that I couldn't find my CDs of old pictures from when I had a film camera. Literally fifteen seconds later I thought "oh, I bet they're in this drawer - right here in my computer desk - five inches from me." They were. Faint

[-] The following 1 user Likes Nicole's post:
Lars in NH (02-08-2013)
02-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Lisa, I was having that trouble staying logged in for a while, too. After coming back several times, it resolved itself.
02-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Update: When I am the consultant forum and hit the "mark all read" option, it instantly logs me out. Not clue as to why and it doesn't happen in the other forums after I log back in, but it's consistent in this one. Any ideas?
02-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Lisa,

A couple questions:

1 - What Theme are you using?
2 - What browser are you using?
3 - Are you clicking on the Green Arrow or the 'Mark All Read' link

4 - How are you getting to the Consultant Forum?
5 - is the URL something like: http://scrappinchat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7

Tracy
02-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Tracy,

Generic background (blue and white)
Firefox
Mark this forum read
From the main menu
http://www.scrappinchat.com/forum/forumd....php?fid=7
02-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Hmmmm - I tried that with Firefox and I stayed log in just fine.

I am out of ideas on why that would happen.

I'll keep thinking.
02-22-2013, 06:43 PM
I've got it narrowed down to this: it seems to happen the first time I mark the forum read immediately after logging in to the site. My browser is normally open all the time but you know sometimes I reboot or close it, etc. and once I log back in is when this little event occurs. Not sure if that means anything, though.
02-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Had to close my browser, which triggered me to log back in. So, this time, I went to the general chat folder. I read a post and then when I went to mark all as read, it knocked me out. Here is the message:

You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page. This could be because one of the following reasons:

You are not logged in or registered. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to login.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may have been disabled by an administrator, or it may be awaiting account activation.
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or links.