View Unread Posts setting
09-28-2014, 09:12 AM
View Unread Posts setting
For the last couple of months I've been seeing that I have unread posts at the top of my page. I click on the View Unread Posts and get the message that there are no unread posts. But if I click on the main ScrappinChat link to the left that takes me back to the list of forums, a number shows up behind the View Unread Posts again.

Just a little while ago, it showed 2 unread posts. Clicking on it gave me the no unread posts message. I click on View Today's Posts and it brought all the threads that had posts today and all threads showed I had read them. I clicked on the Mark All Threads Read on the left side above the thread listing anyways. That cleared the View Unread Posts number to zero.

I come back maybe 15 minutes later and it shows 3 unread post. I click on it and get the no unread posts message...

And, yes, during this period I have actually logged out of SC and logged back in as well as shutting down my computer and rebooting.

Any ideas why this is happening?

René
Hooked on Havanese
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2014, 10:18 AM
RE: View Unread Posts setting
The same thing has been happening to me.
Find all posts by this user
09-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Someone else mentioned it recently too. I think Tracy said she'd take a look at it when she had a few spare minutes. But I don't know that she's had that. I'm not sure the rest of us have the technical know-how to figure it out.

The original impertinent, earth-vexing flax-wench.
09-28-2014, 10:48 AM
I had posted about this last week. I was starting to get a complex that I was blocked by a thread because every day it was going up by 2 or 3. I always go to unread threads, never to any of the other options. Two days ago, i went to today's thread clicked on mark all read and my number finally went to zero. Now it has been at zero for a few days now.

Heidi
09-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Yeah that was me and I forgot to look into it. I'll try to look at it tonight.
09-29-2014, 03:02 PM
There is a utility to rebuild the counters, which I just ran. Let me know if that didn't fix it.

Unfortunately I frequently set my counters to 'mark as all read' so I don't have the problem you guys are experiencing.
09-29-2014, 03:13 PM
I do that too Tracy but then it comes back!

Will check later to see if it happens again.

René
Hooked on Havanese
10-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Well, it was better for 6 days... back to showing me unread posts but I get the no new posts screen when I click on it. Sad

René
Hooked on Havanese
10-05-2014, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 05:24 PM by Brender.)
Nicole figured out the problem. I verified that yup, that was the problem. Now we have to figure out the solution. Smile

We can get better, because we are Not Dead Yet. -Frank Turner
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brender's post:
HavaDrPepper (10-05-2014)
10-06-2014, 09:11 AM
It might be that the 'add in' that we use has a bug and there's a new / update. Or perhaps there isn't one Sad