ScrappinChat
View Unread Posts setting - Printable Version

+- ScrappinChat (http://scrappinchat.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Administrative (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Help! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: View Unread Posts setting (/showthread.php?tid=10806)

View Unread Posts setting - HavaDrPepper - 09-28-2014 09:12 AM

For the last couple of months I've been seeing that I have unread posts at the top of my page. I click on the View Unread Posts and get the message that there are no unread posts. But if I click on the main ScrappinChat link to the left that takes me back to the list of forums, a number shows up behind the View Unread Posts again.

Just a little while ago, it showed 2 unread posts. Clicking on it gave me the no unread posts message. I click on View Today's Posts and it brought all the threads that had posts today and all threads showed I had read them. I clicked on the Mark All Threads Read on the left side above the thread listing anyways. That cleared the View Unread Posts number to zero.

I come back maybe 15 minutes later and it shows 3 unread post. I click on it and get the no unread posts message...

And, yes, during this period I have actually logged out of SC and logged back in as well as shutting down my computer and rebooting.

Any ideas why this is happening?

RE: View Unread Posts setting - Lars in NH - 09-28-2014 10:18 AM

The same thing has been happening to me.

RE: View Unread Posts setting - Chris - 09-28-2014 10:43 AM

Someone else mentioned it recently too. I think Tracy said she'd take a look at it when she had a few spare minutes. But I don't know that she's had that. I'm not sure the rest of us have the technical know-how to figure it out.

RE: View Unread Posts setting - Heidi - 09-28-2014 10:48 AM

I had posted about this last week. I was starting to get a complex that I was blocked by a thread because every day it was going up by 2 or 3. I always go to unread threads, never to any of the other options. Two days ago, i went to today's thread clicked on mark all read and my number finally went to zero. Now it has been at zero for a few days now.

RE: View Unread Posts setting - Tracy - 09-29-2014 02:59 PM

Yeah that was me and I forgot to look into it. I'll try to look at it tonight.

RE: View Unread Posts setting - Tracy - 09-29-2014 03:02 PM

There is a utility to rebuild the counters, which I just ran. Let me know if that didn't fix it.

Unfortunately I frequently set my counters to 'mark as all read' so I don't have the problem you guys are experiencing.

RE: View Unread Posts setting - HavaDrPepper - 09-29-2014 03:13 PM

I do that too Tracy but then it comes back!

Will check later to see if it happens again.

RE: View Unread Posts setting - HavaDrPepper - 10-05-2014 02:22 PM

Well, it was better for 6 days... back to showing me unread posts but I get the no new posts screen when I click on it. Sad

RE: View Unread Posts setting - Brender - 10-05-2014 05:24 PM

Nicole figured out the problem. I verified that yup, that was the problem. Now we have to figure out the solution. Smile

RE: View Unread Posts setting - Tracy - 10-06-2014 09:11 AM

It might be that the 'add in' that we use has a bug and there's a new / update. Or perhaps there isn't one Sad